Today my husband and I took a drive into the city to find some good eats. We bought a jackfruit and some sugar cane for $40. That is about how much we would spend on dinner out. As we ate it for supper, all the while laughing and enjoying each others company, I said to myself:
“Self, this is it. This is your valentines day because
should be Valentine’s Day and I am not waiting”
Benefits of Jackfruit:
1.Low Fat – Jackfruit has very low content of saturated fat. This is one fact that proves that jackfruit does not aid in weight gain. The fruit contains almost nil amounts of fat. The fruit can be consumed in large amounts without fearing to gain weight. Jackfruit is a good option for people who want to lose weight or get in a good shape.
2.Low Sodium – Jackfruit has very low sodium content. This also helps to lose weight. Thus, the low sodium content proves that jackfruit does not aid in weight gain. Weight gain happens when you consume high amount of sodium. The low sodium fruit is a good diet option for people who want to lose weight fast. Thus, eating jackfruit is absolutely healthy.
3.High Fibre – Jackfruit has good fibre content. The fibre helps to break down fat layers and reduce the fat in the body. Fibre content also helps in digestion of food and clearing the digestive system. Fibre helps to boost energy in the body and stimulate the body processes. Thus, jackfruit is a healthy choice for people who want to lose weight.
4.Nutrients and minerals – Jackfruit is rich in many vitamins, minerals and nutrients required by our body. Jackfruit can be helpful for detoxifying our body. These healthy nutrients do not cause weight gain. Hence, this fruit is not responsible for any extra kilos added to our body. Instead, jackfruit is a healthy food which has many other nutritional benefits for the skin, hair and body. Jackfruit is indeed a jack of all health benefits.
Tonight I am cooking up the seed and will leave another post in recipes.
We love sugar cane! So do the children!
- It cures a sore throat, cold and flu.
- Unlike table sugar, it has no simple sugars. Diabetics can therefore enjoy it without worrying about soaring blood sugar levels (those with type 2 diabetes should still have limited sugarcane juice).
- It provides glucose to the body, burned by the muscles to provide the body natural energy. It re-hydrates the human body fatigued from heat and physical activity. It’s known to boost performance in athletes and manual laborers.
- It’s recommended for fevers which cause great protein loss from the body. Liberal consumption of sugarcane juice provides the body with protein during febrile disorders. It also brings down high body temperatures during fevers.
- It’s an ideal thirst quencher and cooling drink during summers. It keeps the body hydrated.
- The easily digestible sugar in sugarcane juice helps in speedy recovery from jaundice. The steep fall in glucose levels during jaundice; may be replenished by having 3 to 4 glasses of sugarcane juice daily.
- It’s good for the digestive system and also helps with constipation because of its high potassium content.
- It has a wide range of compounds in addition to sucrose which bestows it with wound healing properties and strengthens the immune system.
- Regular intake of sugarcane juice strengthens the stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, brain and sex organs.
- It lowers body cholesterol- both LDL and triglycerides
- It makes your eyes cross heheheh